I’ve been freelance writing professionally since 2004. Articles I’ve written or contributed to have been featured on Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Fortune, Workspan, HuffPost, Mashable, Glassdoor, Lifehack, and other outlets, big and small.
And I’ve happily shared my expertise as a source for outlets like Today, NBC News, U.S. News & World Report, Bloomberg Business, Forbes, Glassdoor, The Penny Hoarder, and Workforce Management magazine.
For years, I directed a team of freelance writers and content managers, oversaw editorial calendars and content strategy, and managed social media. Through this experience, I grew as a writer, editor, and content strategist with a deep understanding of what makes content both useful and popular.
Complete Professional History
- Senior Career Specialist, FlexJobs (job search website), 2016 – present
- Online Course Author, “Recovering from a Layoff,” LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com), 2015 – 2016
- Director of Online Content, FlexJobs, 2010 – 2016
- Freelance Writer, various outlets, 2004 – present
- Assistant Director of Career Services, Emmanuel College, Boston, MA, 2004 – 2009
Career Advisor Activities
- Alumni Career Services Network, conference presenter and keynote speaker, 2017
- Career Directors International, member, 2016 – present
- Certified Advanced Resume Writer (CARW)
- National Career Development Association, member, 2014 – present
- National Association of Colleges and Employers, scholarship award winner, 2008
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management, Emmanuel College, 2007
- Bachelor of Science in Human Services and Counseling, Northeastern University, 2004