I’ve been freelance writing professionally since 2004. Articles I’ve written or contributed to have been featured on Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Fortune, Workspan, HuffPost, Mashable, Glassdoor, Lifehack, and other outlets, big and small.
And I’ve happily shared my expertise as a source for outlets like Today, NBC News, U.S. News & World Report, Bloomberg Business, Forbes, Glassdoor, The Penny Hoarder, and Workforce Management magazine.
For years, I directed teams of freelance writers and content managers, oversaw editorial calendars and content strategy, and managed social media. Through this experience, I grew as a writer, editor, and content strategist with a deep understanding of what makes content both useful and popular.
- Senior Career Specialist, FlexJobs (job search website), 2016 – present
- Freelance Writer, various outlets, 2006 – present
- Online Course Author, “Recovering from a Layoff,” LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com), 2015 – 2016
- Director of Online Content, FlexJobs, 2010 – 2016
- Assistant Director of Career Services, Emmanuel College, Boston, MA, 2004 – 2009
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management, Emmanuel College, 2007
- Bachelor of Science in Human Services and Counseling, Northeastern University, 2004
- Alumni Career Services Network, Conference Presenter, 2017
- Career Directors International, member, 2016 – present
- Currently in Phase 2 of CDI’s Certified Advanced Resume Writer (CARW) credential
- National Career Development Association, member, 2014 – present
- National Association of Colleges and Employers, conference attendee, 2008
Complete Professional History