Is it still acceptable to say “it’s been a while” when it’s actually been almost four solid years of silence in the blog section of my website?
The good news is that I plan to write more here. (At least, that’s good news to me) And the great news is that over these four years, a lot has happened. And “a lot” is definitely acceptable in this usage.
- Moved from Georgia to Texas
- Moved from part-time writer to full-time Director of Content at FlexJobs
- Welcomed kiddo numero uno into the world
- Purchased first house
- Renovated said house
Hopefully that proves it hasn’t been a wasted four years.
Expect to see random career-related musing on here once again. Maybe weekly, maybe monthly, maybe whenever I feel it, don’t pressure me!
Check out some of my oldies but goodies in the meantime:
- The Handiness of Unitasking
- How would “blind” interviews alter the makeup of the workplace?
- Alternatives to Traditional Offices (kind of weird that I wrote this only months before I started working from home!)
- Music at Work Relaxes and Motivates